It’s time to do my first readathon! If you’re active in the book community, I’m sure you’ve heard of this popular readathon that takes place a couple times a year. It’s run by Sam from “Thoughts on Tomes” and a couple other Booktubers. Here’s her video she posted this week to announce the next round of this readathon! The link for the Goodreads group is listed under the video so you can go join and check it out!
Running time: April 7th to April 20th wherever you are in the world
- Bind ups of books (short collections for example) do not count
- There’s challenges listed on the group page, but they’re not required
- A list of popular suggestions is also listed on the group page if you need ideas
MY TBR list
Since this a 2 week readathon, my fingers are crossed that I can finish at least one tome. I will primarily be doing audio books, since I can usually finish them faster than the physical copy. I’m listing 5 things, but the top two are the ones that are my highest priority 🙂
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (audio book narrated by Steve West): This is coming out soon and I need it! Some rave reviews have been coming in and it’s killing me. It’s over 500 glorious pages
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: With book three out in October, I need to catch up on this awesome series. It’ll be my first time with book two, so we’ll see how this series keeps going.
- Legacy by Susan Kay: I’ve loved her novel Phantom for 10 years now and it’s time that I read her debut novel about Queen Elizabeth I.
- Finish Iluminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: I first bought this book right when the hype train was in full swing. While there was a chunk of 120 pages of tension, I never finished it. So hopefully the readathon will help me finish it.
- Grace of Kings by Ken Liu: I loved a couple short stories that I’ve read in his short story so far. Also, the narrator for the audio book is Michael Kramer, who does the majority of Sanderson’s adult novels and he’s phenomenal and it’s a “silk punk” story according to the author. It sounds like a cool, Eastern culture story.
Who knows how much I’ll get done, but I’m stoked for this first readathon. I’ll post a reminder for it when it gets closer and I hope more people do this! If you want to do it, let me know down below and definitely join the page 🙂 Have a great day guys!