Hi guys! I wanted to take quick moment to announce that I’ve had my blog for 6 months now! When I started this blog back in Funerary, I had no idea of what would happen. But looking back, these last 6 months have been fun. It’s been nice to have a structure with my reviews, learning how to work WordPress and, most importantly, networking and talking with others. I’ve had a few amazing people that have been following me since the beginning and I can’t thank these wonderful people enough!
- Tiana (The Book Raven)
- Amanda @ Literary Weaponry
- Bentley (Book Bastion)
- Jackie (Too Much of A Book Nerd)
- Kristen (The Brunette Book Worm Blog)
- Salmah (Salmah’s Bookshelf)
But to everyone who follows me, reads my stuff and leaves comments, you keep me going. I consider you guys friends with our fun conversations and book recommendations. I’ll admit that there’s been times I’ve wanted to quit. But through so many of you sticking by me, and my husband of course, I remember these important things:
- I’m human: sometimes something I write isn’t quite what I wanted
- I do this because I love it and it should never become a chore
- Popularity doesn’t mean happiness: we all get that feeling where we want the kind of success that some of our favorite book people have. But when you do something you love and keep working on it, that’s what matters.
I’m still learning how to navigate the book community, using WordPress and also writing better book reviews. But I’m glad that I’ve had this time to start finding my voice so much more. For the future, I simply hope to stick to my regular schedule and improve my blog writing skills. Hope is high for the future and thanks to all of you again for reading my stuff, commenting and sticking around. Thanks guys! Also our puppy is 8 months old now! A growing stinker that loves chew bones, running at the dog park and being around his people 🙂