Happy Thursday everyone! I hope your December has been good so far. I’m sorry I’ve been mostly M.I.A. again. My routine has been thrown off by more car problems, juggling work, pets and other responsibilities before the holidays. But today I’m here with a kinda late November Owlcrate unboxing. The theme was “Through the Enchanted Forest” and I loved everything in this box. I’ll say that Owlcrate is quickly becoming my favorite YA book box that I’ve tried so far. Just in case you haven’t gotten yours yet, there are spoilers for the items in this box.
- Blanket (first picture): This awesome blanket is themed after The Cruel Prince by Holly Black and has greens and purples with leaves and winged creatures. The quote on the blanket is: “All forests are magic.” While it isn’t a huge blanket, I’ve loved using it around the house and it’s great quality.
- Reading Journal: This is an awesome spiral bound reading journal created by Blue Star Press. It’s full of a calendar, daily planner, anticipated releases, books you bought book haul, wrap up and book review pages. I have never been huge into planners but I’ll really enjoy it for the bookish stuff and maybe a little bit of the calendar.
- Wooden Ornament: I apologize if it’s hard to see, but the wooden ornament has a quote from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. It says: “Trees in your eyes, stars in your heart.” This is a smaller ornament for a Christmas tree or somewhere to hang around. I like how the design is clearly etched into the wood and it’ll make a fun holiday ornament to hang.
- Metal bookmark: Now THIS is an amazing book mark! It has a quote from Uprooted by Naomi Novik that says: “There was a song in the forest, too, but it was a savage song, whispering of madness and tearing and rage.” I love book marks that are more sturdy and also in vibrant colors and I’ve already used this a few times. I’ve never had a metal book mark before but now I need more. This was created by Her Paper World.
- Stickers: Along with the book planner, they also included adorable stickers designed by Pipsticks. One side is more foresty stickers like trees, mushrooms, owls and other things. The other side has bookish stickers like mugs with a quote, the Owlcrate box, the Owlcrate owl and others. I’ve already used a few in my planner and they add a little fun touch.
- Enamel Pin: Since the beginning of this year, Owlcrate has created special enamel pins that go with the book and HOLY crap I love them! I fell in love with the September one they did for The Bone Houses and this November one was no exception. This pin (pictured above) is a bone moth that is in the book and this moth will follow Nora through the Winterwood forest. They need to keep doing these pins, for they’re really good quality and are absolutely wonderful additions to bookish items. The pin was designed by Four Seasons Fox.
- Book: The book this month was the one that I had guessed. It’s a white exclusive cover of Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw. This is her second book after The Wicked Deep, which was really hyped last year. While I haven’t read anything by her yet, I’m excited for this one. This follows Nora, a girl whose a witch and knows how to traverse the woods during a cruel winter. She also finds a missing boy who somehow survived the haunted woods. I also heard that the ending in the ARC is different from the finished copy, which is interesting. This will be a perfect winter read. The original cover looks like this (pictured below). The book also has blue sprayed edges which I like. While I do prefer the black cover a bit better, I think Owlcrate are the masters of the exclusive book covers.
Overall, I loved this box so much! It was filled with forest themed things and everything is just vibrant, great quality and so much fun. If you’ve been wondering about getting Owlcrate, I completely recommend it. This box was fantastic and I hope to read Winterwood soon. Did you get this box? If so, did you like it? If you’ve read the book, tell your thoughts down below!